Monday, November 24, 2008

4 trial questions for gramdmother

Question #1: How do you feel about having been beaten on pages 244-259?

Answer #1: I was beaten and humiliated. They made me kneel down and face the wall and insulted me many times for because my granddaughter did not tell them where she had hid the letter (even though what was written on he letter was true) and because of my husband being a landlord. My husband was no longer even alive. Why did they want to beat me for the past, and it wasn't even me, it was my husband. Then thin face slapped me with all his strength on pages 253 and 254.

Question #2: Explain what you had to do with the dowry and why did you have to do this? Pages 94-97.

Answer #2: With the beautiful dowry chests themselves I had to die them black with the help of my family. Then with all the beautiful items in the dowry's which were things like glowing silk, satins and sparkling pearls I had to cut apart and make different dull things out of them like covers and things like that. I had to do this because otherwise the red guards would have accused us of rightists because these were called 'four olds'. Pages 94-97.

Question #3: How does it feel to always be afraid and never feel safe? Pages 118-121.

Answer #3: It feel horrible to never be able to feel safe and warm and every time I hear the sound of drums and gongs I would always feel like the red guards would come and beat me for no reason at all just because they felt like it and then they would make up some reason such as me being a rightist because they found some pictures of me wearing a fur coat. We could not have anything in our house anymore, the red guards were turning China into a horrible place. Pages 118-121.

Question #4: What were you forced to do during the last chapter(page 260-263) and was there any good reason for this?

Answer #4: In the last chapter on top of the red guards destroying our lives and leaving us with basically nothing at all they made me sweep outside all day every day. The only reason they did this was because they accused me of being a 'rightist' for having the 'four olds'. They had already done enough harm to our family and now they made me sweep all day every day. Last chapter(page 260-263).

No comments: